4 6 ounce boneless pork chop, pounded
1 Cup flour
1 egg, beaten with 1 ounce of milk
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cloves Sliced Garlic
1 Scallion sliced thin
1 tsp. Capers drained
Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
White Wine, 1/4 cup
Salt & Black Pepper to taste
1 Tbls Fresh Parsley &/or Dill
4 Tbls Cold Unsalted Butter
- Season chops with salt & pepper. Dredge in flour, dip in egg, then dredge in breadcrumbs. Set aside
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat until shimmering
- Pan fry chops on both sides till golden brown & delicious, 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chops to plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Dump oil from pan. Add scallion and garlic and lightly sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add lemon juice and zest then reduce.
- Deglaze with quarter cup white wine; scrape bottom of pan to get the brown bits
- Turn heat to low. Slowly swirl in butter to create an emulsion. Do not bring sauce to a boil!
- Add fresh herbs and taste for seasoning.
- Serve sauce immediately over warm chops.
Yield: 4 Servings Serve with Pasta, Steamed vegetables, crispy fried artichokes, wilted spinach & mushrooms, toasted pine nuts…